Article published on: 14/11/22
As a temporary recruitment agency you will know quickly that keeping on top of your admin is essential for your agency to function effectively.
It is not just holding the contact details for every worker you deal with; it's the key information – such as a worker’s availability, their area of expertise, their Right to Work documentations, the hours they’ve worked, the jobs they’ve worked on and also their payment details – that has to be securely stored and frequently updated.
Are you currently managing your clients, your bookings and jobs on a spreadsheet or ineffective system?
Is it time for an online timesheet platform and what more can be gained from switching to a cloud-based, 24/7 solution?
Paper-based time schedules can have the following drawbacks
1. Inflexibility: situations can arise for example staff sickness or overpayments which can't be responded to last minute and can be time consuming to rectify.
2. Open to abuse: rounding-up and over estimating of hours, even for a small amount each week can soon add up and it is difficult to monitor this process.
3. Inaccuracy: duplicating blunders, hand writing legibility and other simultaneous day-to-day work demands, can all mean human error can be unavoidable.
4. Time demands: processing and collecting of manual timesheets and the admin linked to this can be complex and also slow down business operations.
5. Legality: once the time based data is collected, it needs transferring into a payroll system, maintaining compliance with the most up-to-date regulations.
So as a solution - what can cloud-based online timesheets for recruitment agencies provide?
1. A scheduling tool, which is available 24- 7 from any internet-enabled device.
2. A more thorough and exact way to manage the time scheduling data, reducing a number of manual processes.
3. More easily identified errors, that can be rectified instantly.
4. Significantly reduced paperwork and admin, plus improved communication through automated notifications of schedules or shift availability etc.
5. Data that can be easily manipulated and reported on, freeing up staff time.
6. Information that can be freely integrated within other recruitment software systems, automating operations for example payroll; offering compliance and accuracy.
Overall online time scheduling can offer a much smarter way of working - allowing a focus to remain on business sustainment and development, ultimately increasing profit margins.
How can we help at Flo? Designed specifically for UK temporary recruitment businesses and seamlessly integrated, our cloud-based software and payroll systems save time, money and stress. 01827 438065 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.