Setting up a new recruitment agency can be a challenging task, but with the right planning and execution, it can be a rewarding and profitable business. Here are some key steps to follow when launching a temp agency:
- Develop a business plan: This should include your company's mission statement, target market, services you will offer, marketing approach, and financial projections. Consider your business goals, ask:
WHY - what is the purpose of your business, what motivates you.
WHAT - define your service in detail
WHO - examine your ideal clients and candidates
HOW - how will you deliver your service successfully and thoroughly
- Register your business: Choose a memorable business name and register it with the relevant authorities. You will also need to research and obtain any necessary licenses and permits.
- Infrastructure: Decide on a location for your workspace that works for you and that is easily accessible for both clients and candidates, unless you plan to initially work purely online. You will need to source and set up the basics in the first instance, such as a computer, phone, and suitable internet connection.
- Develop relationships with clients: Reach out to potential clients and build relationships with them. Offer them value-added services such as salary surveys and industry insights.
- Market your agency: Develop a marketing plan to raise awareness of your agency. Use social media, email marketing, and other channels to reach potential clients and candidates. Once you’ve figured out your business name, it’s important to set up a domain and register social media accounts that you’ll use to share updates about your business. You can also consider starting a blog or newsletter to promote your agency and stay in touch with clients and candidates.
- Build a database of candidates: Start to develop a database of qualified candidates who can be quickly matched with job openings. Use social media, job boards, and other channels to attract candidates. Pride yourself on a top quality service which would then be recommended to others.
- Manage your finances: Keep track of your income and expenses, and manage your cash flow carefully. Consider hiring an accountant or financial advisor to help you manage your finances. A recruitment industry specific recruitment funding solution that provides the back office support that your start-up recruitment agency requires and ensures you remain compliant, can leave you free to offer the highest standard of service to your clients and candidates.
By following these steps, you can set up a successful recruitment agency and help connect talented candidates with the right job opportunities effectively.
We can support you from the off at Flo, with resources, funding and all the services needed to launch your agency. Contact us on 01827 438065 or firstname.lastname@example.org